Kashmir civil society for blacklisting NHPC
By Editor States Times - Wed Jun 20, 4:11 pm
In occupied Kashmir, the civil society has called for blacklisting Indian company, the National Hydel Power Corporation (NHPC), saying it is illegally operating in Jammu and Kashmir.
The civil society activists were speaking during a seminar titled Kashmir Thoughts in Srinagar. They asked for devising a strategy for safeguarding the natural resources of the territory.
The speakers also said that the puppet administration had surrendered the water resources.
Noted civil society activist, Shakeel Qalander on the occasion urged the administration to devise a plan of action for proper use of resources and redemption of power projects.
Among others the seminar was attended by Irfan Hafiz Lone, Javid Iqbal and Ex Chief Engineer Khuirsheed Ahmad.
Last 5 posts by Editor States Times
- Revenue from new taxes helps to reduce circular debt: Dar - June 15th, 2013
- Kashmir settlement imperative for peace in South Asia - June 9th, 2013
- April 29, 2013 - April 29th, 2013
- April 27, 2013 - April 27th, 2013
- April 26, 2013 - April 26th, 2013